I’ll be the first to admit it, I hate to shop. But, I love to shop around for the best deals. I dunno, it makes me feel like I’m getting away with something. This is how I set out to find my first juicer. I knew I didn’t want to spend a fortune, but I didn’t want a cheap juicer either. I wanted to find the best juicer for the money.
So, I did what I always do whenever I’m making a major decision: I ask somebody else. Not just anybody else, somebody who’s already been through it. And not just one person, lots of ’em. Which is why whenever I have to make an important buying decision, I do the same thing: read customer reviews. And I’ve found that the best place to find the most customer reviews of the most products is Amazon.
What I love about Amazon is that they pretty much have everything at the best price (new, used, warehouse deals) and with hundreds of customer reviews right there in broad-daylight so you can make informed buying decisions and minimize buyer’s remorse.
The key to finding the best juicers for the money, is to look at both the prices and the reviews (a goodly amount of them if possible), so you can be relatively sure that, not only is the cost not going to break you, but the juicer is not going to break. I mean, it doesn’t do us any good to get a bargain on a juicer if it turns out to be a lemon. Especially if that juicer can’t even juice a lemon.
And even though we’re all familiar with the saying, “you get what you pay for,” There’s another saying: “don’t believe everything you hear.” The truth is, you can get a really great, top-rated juicer without spending a lot of money. You just have to do your homework. Luckily, I did your homework for you.
So, here are the best juicers for the money in every category based on actual customer reviews. Please click the links below for more details and the current price on Amazon. And, remember, every time you purchase something using one of my affiliate links, an angel gets its wings. (And I thank you.)
Best Centrifugal Juicers for the Money
1. Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer — my first juicer and personal favorite. This baby was named “best buy” by a very famous consumer reporting agency whose name I am not allowed to use for some reason. It consistently rates above four stars based on hundreds of customer reviews, and you can get it new for around fifty bucks. There are a few similar versions of this juicer with slight variations that cost more, so watch out. For full details, customer reviews and the best price, click here. P.S. you can get free 2-day shipping with a free 30-day trial from Amazon Prime!
— This is by far, one of the best-priced, most well-reviewed Breville juicers you can buy. With over 2,300 user reviews, at an average rating above four and a half stars, this is one of the best juicers for the money, priced right around a hundred bucks for a new one. Sometimes, if you’re lucky, you can even get an Amazon warehouse deal or a used one in good condition for even less! See the customer reviews and get more details as well as the best possible price by clicking here. And, yes, this juicer is also eligible for two-day free-shipping if you sign up for the free 30-day Amazon Prime trial.
Best Masticating Juicers for the Money
1. Omega J8003 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer, White— If you want to step it up and get a more hardcore, masticating-type juicer, you can still get a great one for a great price. Similar in features to the more expensive Omega masticating juicers, the J8003 has excellent customer ratings averaging over four and half stars from over 250 reviewers, but at a cost of less than $250 bucks. If you’re willing to forgo the black and chrome and/or the fancy GE Ultem Auger (advertised to be 8x stronger than the typical plastic gear) you can save yourself $30 – $70 and still get one of the best juicers for the money. See details, reviews and pricing here. And, yes, it’s Amazon Prime eligible for 2-day free shipping.
2. Kuvings Multi-Purpose Masticating Juicer — priced just over two hundred bucks for a new one (even less if you can grab an Amazon Warehouse Deal), this juicer got pretty darn good reviews from it’s fans. Though not as powerful as its more expensive competition, and not necessarily for the hardcore juicing fanatic, many customers felt this was one of the best juicers for the money. Not quite as well-reviewed as the Omega (an average of just over four stars) and with far fewer reviewers weighing in (only 26 at last count,) it might be worth it to splurge the extra money for the more rugged Omega that comes with a 10 year warranty as opposed to the Kuvings 5-year. Check out the reviews and prices by clicking here. And, get free 2-day shipping with your free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime, to save even more money.
Best Twin Gear – Triturating Juicer for the Money
1.Green Power Juicer – Model KPE 1304 — This was a tough category for a couple of reasons. One, there are far fewer of this type of juicer on the market and two, even the least expensive ones don’t come cheap. However, of the best twin gear juicers on the market, this is the best juicer for the money. Priced over four hundred-fifty dollars, let’s face it, if you’re looking to buy an inexpensive juicer, this is not the type of juicer for you. I suspect that over time, as with all things, as twin gear juicers become more popular (if they do), they’ll start to come down in price. In the meantime, if you want a hardcore, but more affordable juicer, stick with a good masticating juicer. Or if you want to check out reviews of this juicer (there were only a handful of them as of this posting), details and pricing, click here.
Best Wheatgrass Juicers for the Money
1. Z-Star Manual Juicer — if you’re looking for a good old fashioned hand-crank wheatgrass juicer that’s very affordable (around a hundred bucks) and well-reviewed (over a four star rating on Amazon) look no further. Though it’s intended for wheatgrass, lots of customers found it worked great for other fresh fruits and leafy greens, as well. Plus it’s totally portable and you get a nice arm work-out while you’re at it (just be sure to switch arms half-way through.) This one is also Amazon Prime Eligible for 2-day free shipping with your free 30-day trial. To read reviews, details and current price, click here.
2. Miracle Stainless Steel Manual Wheatgrass Juicer — if you want a nice, solid, well-reviewed and affordable manual wheatgrass juicer, here’s a great option. It’s all stainless steel which sort of makes it the Superman of manual wheatgrass juicers. Anyway, one reviewer was convinced it could stop bullets. For about thirty dollars more than the Z-Star, you can get just as good of an arm work-out with less fear of breaking the thing. On the other hand, there was little mention of using this juicer for other things like fruits and veggies. Most users considered it to be a dedicated wheatgrass juicer and suggest leaving the fruits and veggie juicing to centrifugal and masticating juicers. Check out the full customer reviews, details and pricing by clicking here.
For full guides to all the best juicers in every category, click on the links below. And please leave comments to let me know of any juicers you think I may have missed!