So, you’re ready to start juicing but have no idea which juicer to buy. With all the different brands and types of juicers on the market, and all the review sites and supposed authorities on the subject, trying to find the best juicers can be mind-boggling. Don’t worry, we’re here to help.
The bottom line is, when it comes to finding a great juicer, the best advice comes from actual customers who are using their juicers and getting great results. So, we’ve put together a guide to the best juicers in each category: Centrifugal, Masticating, Twin Gear (or Triturating) , Wheatgrass and Blenders, based on hundreds of customer reviews on Amazon.com.
Psst: If you’re not sure which type of juicer to buy, start here: Which type of juicer should I buy?
So, what are the best juicers in each category?
Best Centrifugal Juicers
1. With over 2000 customer reviews as of this post, the Breville Compact Juice Fountain 700 is clearly one of the best juicers on the market. Priced very affordably [see current price], customers who bought this juicer found that it juiced quickly and easily, that it did a great job of extracting as much juice as possible and that it was easy to clean. A big plus for busy people who still want to be healthy. 2. Breville Juice Fountain Elite – this 1000 watt juicer with 2 speed controls, received great marks for its ease of use and how dry it left the pulp (something you definitely want in a juicer.) At a bit of a higher price tag [see current price], this juicer gives you the option of a lower speed for softer fruits and veggies, and a higher speed for harder ones. 3. Breville Juice Fountain Multi-speed Juicer – customers love this juicer for its variable speed settings that allow you to adjust for different types of produce in order to get the most juice for your money. Priced down the middle of the other two juicers [see current price], customers also felt it was easy enough to use that they could keep up with their juicing regimen consistently which, hey, isn’t that the point?
>>Click here to see the Full Guide to the Best Centrifugal Juicers.
Best Masticating Juicers
1. With over 500 reviewers weighing in, customers love the Omega J8004 Commercial Nutrition Center Masticating Juicer for its quiet operation and easiness to clean. One of the more affordable masticating juicers [get best price], this machine got raves for its ability to chew every last bit of juice out of even leafy greens, leaving the pulp high and dry. 2. In a photo-finish for first place, the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center – Black and Chrome is every bit as powerful and versatile as the J8004. Apparently, the only difference is the black and chrome color which, is truly cool, but you do pay a bit more for it [see current price]. Both juicers have the mega-munching GE Ultem Auger which is touted to be 8x stronger than your typical plastic gear and both will make nut-butter, baby food and even grind coffee on top of their juicing duties. Hundreds of users felt that the Omega J8006 was easy to clean and, just like its aforementioned counterpart, comes with a 15 year warranty. 3. Similar to its top two counterparts, the Omega J8003 Nutrition Center Masticating Juicer also got impressive reviews from customers who found it to be easy to assemble and clean and something many of them would recommend to even the most serious juicers. The cost for this juicer is comparable to the J8004 [see current price], but only comes with a 10 year warranty and no hardcore GE auger. However it seems to have all the functionality of the other machines and even homogenizes frozen fruit, milk or yogurt and even extrudes breadsticks and pasta, if you’re into that kind of thing.
>> Click here for the Full List of Best Masticating Juicers.
Best Twin Gear Juicers (Triturating Juicers)
1. Though there are comparatively, far fewer brands of twin gear juicers on the market today, the Super Angel All Stainless Steel Twin Gear Juicer rates head and shoulders above the rest. And it comes with a price tag to match [get best price]. Besides its obvious beauty (stop staring), customers praised it for producing a much higher yield of juice than previous juicers they’d used, and very easy to clean. This baby is made of surgical stainless steel, has a 3 horsepower engine (um, I mean, motor) and comes with a 10 year warranty on both motor and parts (excluding “Wear & Tear” items.) 2. The Green Star GSE-5000 Elite Jumbo Twin Gear Juice Extractor offers a more affordable option at about half the price of the Super Angel [see current price], this juicer can also be used as a food mill for making baby foods, sorbets and nut butters and comes with a 12 Year Warranty.
>> Click here for the Full List of Best Twin Gear Juicers
Best Wheatgrass Juicers
1. The Handy Pantry Hurricane Stainless Steel Wheatgrass Juicer got high praise from dozens of happy customers for being easy to clean, durable and able to handle a variety of fruits, vegetables and leafy greens as well as wheatgrass. Far more affordable than an electric wheatgrass juicer [get best price], this is dishwasher safe, will never rust and comes with a 5 year warranty. 2. The Z-Star Manual Wheatgrass Juicer got high marks from many viewers found that it worked well on apples, carrots and celery as well as on wheatgrass. Some even went so far as to say that they prefer it to their electric juicer, which says a lot considering the cost [get best price]. The Z-Star is lightweight and portable and comes with a 1 year warranty.
>> Click here for the Full List of Best Wheatgrass Juicers
Best Blenders for Green Smoothies
1. In order to break down the fiber and get the most nutrients out of our produce, we need a powerful blender. The Vitamix Professional Series 750 is more than up to the task. Other users found it very easy to clean (it even has a special “self-cleaning” setting) and a great way to sneak green vegetables into the diets of our unsuspecting loved ones. This baby gets up to 240 mph (highway or city?) and comes with a 7 year full warranty (the best in the industry.) Although it isn’t cheap [get best price], many happy customers claim, that with all its power and versatility, it’s well worth the money. 2. The Vitamix 1363 CIA Professional Series is the only blender endorsed by the CIA (wow, they really are watching everyone.) No, not that CIA, the Culinary Institute of America. Satisfied owners of this blender found it to be durable and easy to clean and a necessity for helping them to get healthy raw foods into their lifestyle. Also, a bit on the pricier side [get best price] many customers felt that this blender would be the last one they ever needed to buy. 3. For a more affordable option, the Ninja BL 660 with Single Serve (as seen on TV) got great reviews from dozens of users who found it to work very well with ice and frozen fruit and even capable of breaking down green leafy vegetables for green smoothies. Many felt the single serve cup did an even better job on smoothies than the pitcher. Priced at about a third the cost of the Vitamix [get best price] the Ninja is dishwasher safe and comes with a one year warranty.
>> Click here to see the Full List of Best Blenders for Green Smoothies